St. Wilfrid’s RC College has undertaken some exceptional improvements through the use of the BSF project and re-opened in 2010. This provides our students with the best learning facilities and environment possible in order for each child to reach their full potential.
Our facilities include:
- Sports hall
- Multi Use Game Area (MUGA)
- Nichols Hall (with stage area and lighting)
- Purpose built dining hall and catering facility
- Five ICT suites with networked computers
- Science labs
- Design and Technology rooms
- Music rooms, recording studio and practice rooms
- Post 16 work area and common room
CITY LEARNING CENTRE
The college is the site for the South Tyneside CLC. The building is a state of the art Learning Centre which uses sophisticated technology to provide unique learning experiences for all students throughout the area.
St. Wilfrid's operates a cashless cafeteria system using a bio-metric (finger scanning) process.
A selection of savoury and sweet dishes is available for purchase each day within Saint’s Cafe, including a pasta bar and healthy hot and cold choices. Students may also bring in a packed lunch.
Students entitled to free meals are allowed to purchase food to the value of £2.10 daily.
We also serve Breakfast from 8.00 a.m. until 8.40 a.m. and during morning break.
Students are given a locker to use. Any lost keys must be paid for.